- Of all the earth’s water, how much is ocean or seas? Answer – 97% – wowsers!
- How much of the world’s water is frozen and therefore unusable? Answer – 2% – could most of that be here in Minnesota from December – March? 🙂
- How much of the earth’s water is suitable for drinking water? Answer – 1% – are you surprised, shocked, dismayed?
- How many community public water systems are there in the United States – Answer – 54,000 – with over 103,000 noncommunity water systems – over 157,000 total
- How much water do these utilities process daily? Answer – 38 Billion Gallons – that’s a lot of water to purify
- How many miles of pipeline and aqueducts are in the United States and Canada? Answer – Approximately 1 Million miles, or enough to circle the Earth 40 times. Sounds fun!
- What were the first water pipes made from in the US? Answer – Fire charred bored logs – Yummy! Is that maple I’m tasting?
Ponder This! The Trivia Answers…. Are you excited? Are you ready to jump in? I know. I know. You just can’t wait, right? Well okay, maybe you aren’t as excited as us when it comes to providing the best quality water to our clients in their homes and/or business, but I know you’re excited about the answers to the trivia questions I posted last week. Right? Just nod and smile, that works for me. Some of these you may know. Some of you had to satisfy your curiosity and search the internet to find the answers. Some of you might be patient enough to wait, sitting on the edge of your seat in anxious anticipation……….or not. Well, here you go. The long-awaited, much anticipated, water trivia answers: